The mental components of competition performance
The body does what the brain tells it to do, be the message conscious or not. Everything you take on the mat with you, including thoughts, feelings, beliefs, no matter what state they’re in, will have an impact on your tournament performance. Not just any impact. By the 3rd chapter of this docu series, you’ll understand that you’ve won or lost a bout way before the fight has even started.
This series on mental preparation for grappling competitions is most relevant for grapplers, especially Brazilian Jiu Jitsu fighters who regularly compete and so have experienced performance fluctuation based on their mental condition, already having an idea that there is a stronger force beyond the body.
To introduce the main components of a winning strategy for grappling art, such as Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, we use the Tournament Preparation Model for Grappling Arts® (Ydus, 2022).
INTRODUCTION – FREE
CHAPTERS – BETWEEN £200-£600
- Chapter 1 – Winning cards vs winning strategy in martial arts
- Chapter 2. – Understanding and developing confidence for winning
- Chapter 3. – At the grappling competition – changes in the brain and the body
- Chapter 4. – Long term mental preaparation techniques for tournaments
- Chapter 5 – Short term mental preparation techniques for tournaments
- Chapter 6. – Stuck on the silver plateau – mental training to progress from silver to gold
- Chapter 7. – Growing after falling – building mental toughness from losing